|Duration||Mode of Delivery|
|This course will be delivered over 52 weeks of full-time study
where 44 weeks are academic weeks and 8 weeks of holidays.
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing, and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
Who can Enroll
International students over the age of 18 who have completed Certificate IV qualification within the Business training package or similar qualification or is working as a coordinator or supervisor and want to progress to the next level in their career.
Recommended Training Pathways
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter Diploma of Leadership and Management with one-year vocational experience in leadership and management area or completed Certificate IV in Leadership and Management or similar qualification.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving Diploma of Leadership and Management, individuals could progress to Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management or other Advanced Diploma courses within the business training package.
Employment Pathways from the qualification
This qualification provides a pathway to work in a managerial role within various Business setting.
Possible job titles include:
- Frontline Leader
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement.
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification or higher.
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent. For equivalency of various English Languages proficiency testing, and other forms of equivalency please refer to the Admissions and Enrolment policy available in the Students handbook.
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Students must bring their own laptops to facilitate the training and assessment. Recommended Laptop requirements: Core i3 Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Operating system; Windows 7 or later version, Screen; 10” or higher, Microsoft Office or Open Office Program, Adobe Reader and Antivirus Program.
- All VET courses students will be required to undertake LLN test to identify Language, Literacy and Numeracy capabilities at the time of Orientation (prior to commencing the courses). The outcome will help the trainers and Student Support Staff to identify the learning needs and make provisions for additional academic support where required.
|BSBPEF502||Develop and use emotional intelligence|
|BSBOPS502||Manage business operational plans|
|BSBLDR523||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness|
|BSBCRT511||Develop critical thinking in others|
|BSBCMM511||Communicate with influence|
|BSBOPS504||Manage business risk|
|BSBOPS505||Manage organisational customer service|
|BSBWHS521||Ensure a safe workplace for a work area|
|BSBSUS511||Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBSTR503||Develop organisational policy|