|Duration||Mode of Delivery|
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher-level technical skills in IT support area.
Who can Enroll
Target group for this program will be clients who are 18 years and above, including mature aged clients who have completed Certificate IV qualification within the ICT training package or similar.
Recommended Training Pathways
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter this qualification after completing Certificate IV in Information Technology or similar qualification within ICT training package.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving this qualification, individuals could progress to Advanced Diploma of Information Technology qualification.
Employment Pathways from the qualification
Possible job title includes:
- Information systems office manager
- IT office manager
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement.
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification or higher.
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent. For equivalency of various English Languages proficiency testing, and other forms of equivalency please refer to the Admissions and Enrolment policy available in the Students handbook.
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Students must bring their own laptops to facilitate the training and assessment. Recommended Laptop requirements: Core i3 Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Operating system; Windows 7 or later version, Screen; 10” or higher, Microsoft Office or Open Office Program, Adobe Reader and Antivirus Program.
- All VET courses students will be required to undertake LLN test to identify Language, Literacy and Numeracy capabilities at the time of Orientation (prior to commencing the courses). The outcome will help the trainers and Student Support Staff to identify the learning needs and make provisions for additional academic support where required.
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTICT517||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTWEB508||Develop website information architecture|
|ICTWEB429||Create a markup language document to specification|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB516||Research and apply emerging web technology trends|
|ICTSAD506||Produce a feasibility report|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for
|ICTICT507||Select new technology models for business|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTPRG502||Manage a project using software management tools|
|BSBLDR502||Lead and manage effective workplace relationships|
|BSBCUS501||Manage quality customer service|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|