|Mode of Delivery
|This course will be delivered over a period of 104 weeks of full-time study
where 88 weeks are academic weeks and 16 weeks of holidays.
|Location can vary
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This course provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to work in any sector of the hospitality industry as a senior manager in large organisation or small business owner or manager.
Who can Enroll
International students over the age of 18 who wish to enter the hospitality industry at the senior management level. It is recommended for the students to complete the Diploma of Hospitality Management qualification before entering this qualification.
Recommended Training Pathways
Pathways into the qualification
Individuals may enter Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management with limited or no vocational experience and without a lower level qualification. Even though, it is strongly recommended that individuals undertake lower level qualifications such as Diploma or Certificate IV and/or gain industry experience prior to entering.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, individuals could progress to higher education qualifications in management.
Employment pathways from the Qualification
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any sector of the hospitality industry as a senior manager in large organisation or small business owner or manager.
Possible job titles include:
- Area manager or operations manager within Hospitality industry
- Cafe owner or manager
- Executive chef
- Executive sous chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Head chef
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age at the time of commencement.
- Successful completion of Australian Equivalent Year 12 qualification or higher.
- Minimum IELTS score of 5.5 or PTE score of 42 or its equivalent. For equivalency of various English Languages proficiency testing, and other forms of equivalency please refer to the Admissions and Enrolment policy available in the Students handbook.
- Applicants should have basic computer and MS Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Students must bring their own laptops to facilitate the training and assessment. Recommended Laptop requirements: Core i3 Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Operating system; Windows 7 or later version, Screen; 10” or higher, Microsoft Office or Open Office Program, Adobe Reader and Antivirus Program.
- All VET courses students will be required to undertake LLN test to identify Language, Literacy and Numeracy capabilities at the time of Orientation (prior to commencing the courses). The outcome will help the trainers and Student Support Staff to identify the learning needs and make provisions for additional academic support where required.
- Hospitality candidates should be able to handle and cook dairy products and nonvegetarian food items including pork and may involve alcohol.
|Manage diversity in the workplace
|Lead and manage people
|Monitor work operations
|Prepare and monitor budgets
|Manage finances within a budget
|Research and comply with regulatory requirements
|Manage operational plan
|Establish and conduct business relationships
|Develop and manage quality customer service practices
|Develop and implement a business plan
|Recruit, select and induct staff
|Develop and implement marketing strategies
|Manage physical assets
|Monitor staff performance
|Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
|Source and use information on the hospitality industry
|Enhance customer service experiences
|Use hygienic practices for food safety
|Use food preparation equipment
|Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
|Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
|Prepare appetisers and salads
|Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
|Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
|Prepare poultry dishes
|Prepare seafood dishes
|Prepare meat dishes
|Produce cakes, pastries and breads
|Work effectively as a cook
|Participate in safe food handling practices
Note: The elective units may change at college’s discretion, if necessary.